Thursday 30 March 2017

Research Post

Lyrics Meaning

'I'm only human, I'm only, I'm only
I'm only human, human'
This line expresses that human’s are not perfect.
'Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this and see what's behind

Got no way to prove it so maybe I'm lying'
This highlights some of the weaknesses of humans. 
'But I'm only human after all, I'm only human after all

Don't put your blame on me, don't put your blame on me'
The lyrics go back to the idea of being ‘only human,’ and because of this fault, you can’t blame someone for making a mistake.
'Take a look in the mirror and what do you see

Do you see it clearer or are you deceived, in what you believe'
'Cause I'm only human after all, you're only human after all
Don't put the blame on me Don't put your blame on me'
This goes back to the idea that human beings are imperfect and always make mistakes, and that it is not fair to hold a grudge against someone for making a simple mistake.

'Some people got the real problems
Some people out of luck
Some people think I can solve them
Lord heavens above
I'm only human after all, I'm only human after all
Don't put the blame on me
Don't put the blame on me'
Some are worse off then others, but they still look to others for help; even when, the others they are looking for are only better because they were more lucky.

'Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry, making you cry'
This can be one person telling the other person the truth, and because it will hurt the answer, the person being asked will want to lie and make it better. Because of the lie it can connect to the idea humans aren’t perfect.

'Cause I'm only human after all, I'm only human after all
Don't put your blame on me, don't put the blame on me'

Some people got the real problems
Some people out of luck
Some people think I can solve them
Lord heavens above
I'm only human after all, I'm only human after all
Don't put the blame on me
Don't put the blame on me
I'm only human I make mistakes
I'm only human that's all it takes
To put the blame on me
Don't put the blame on me
Unable to solve other peoples problems because we can't always tell what the problem is because we're only human.

I'm no prophet or messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher
In order for some things to be solved those who need help should go looking for God because at this point the problem is beyond a mere human’s ability to solve.

I'm only human after all, I'm only human after all
Don't put the blame on me, don't put the blame on me
I'm only human I do what I can
I'm just a man, I do what I can
Don't put the blame on me
Don't put your blame on me
Chorus is very repetitive but does strengthen the claim that humans make mistakes.

The Artist:
Rag 'n' Bone Man.




No comments:

Post a Comment